EOL Xtreme Summer Reading 2018
Welcome to the Xtreme Summer Reading Challenge Home Page. Once you are logged in, you will be taken to your personal Reading Home Page.
Libraries Rock 2018
Emmet O'Neal Library
Emmet O'Neal Goodreads
Printable Challenge Worksheet
1. Summer | In honor of summer reading, read a book whose title starts with one of the letters in the word SUMMER. | Post five words that describe the book.
2. Movies | Read a book with a movie tie-in. | Which was better, the book or the movie?
3. Hot Off the Press | Read a book that has been recommended at the Hot Off the Press Book Club. | Did you like it? Why or why not?
4. Color | Read a book with your favorite color on the cover. | Write a review.
5. Traveling | Read a book set in a different country. | Post which country and two facts about that country.
6. Surprises | A different genre will be posted each week on the Xtreme homepage. Read a book in one of these genres. | Post the week & the genre you read. Did you like the genre?
7. Libraries Rock | Read a book about or inspired by music (fiction or nonfiction) | Post five words that describe the book.
8. Birthdays | Read a book published the year you were born. | Post the year and a review.
9. Friendship | Read a book suggested by a good friend. | Post who recommended the book and if you liked it.
10. Homework | Read a book from your school's summer reading list. | Post a review.
11. Solve the Case | Read a mystery book. | Did you figure out the mystery before the end?
12. Alliteration | Read a book by an author whose last name begins with the same letter as yours. | Post your first and last initial and the author's first and last name.
13. The Present | Read a book published in 2018. | Five words that describe the book.
14. Anniversary | 2018 is the 200th anniversary of the publication of Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. Read a spooky book. | Write a review.
15. Holiday | July 7th is Tell the Truth Day. Read a nonfiction book. | Post three things you learned from the book.
16. Librarians | Read a book suggested by an Emmet O'Neal librarian. | Did you enjoyed the suggestion?
17. Graphic Novel | Read a graphic novel (you may read more than one book, to total at least 100 pages). | Five words that describe the book.
18. Keep Going | Read the 2nd book in a series you've already started. | Was the second book as good as the first one? Or was it even better?
19. Book Talk | Submit a video commercial for a book of your choice (not a book you used for a previous challenge). Submit a post for the challenge and then email your commercial to firstname.lastname@example.org.
20. Music Video | Read any book. Pick the book's theme song and then make a music video for the song. Get Creative! Make sure to include the name of the book in your Xtreme Reads post and send your video to email@example.com.
If you have registered for a program before, enter your user name and password and click on the
button. New users click on the
Sign Me Up
Congratulations to our Week 1 Drawing Winners:
Henry Carr C.
Genre Challenge Week 2: Animal Tales!
Read a book where animals play a major part.
The book can be about an animal or the characters can be animals!
This can be fiction or nonfiction as long as it is 100+ pages.
Come check out our Xtreme Reads book display
if you need help finding an Animal Tales book.
Upcoming SNAP: June 14th
Movie & Popcorn: Wonder (3:30-5:25)
Posts by Kids for Kids
Theodore Boon Kid Lawyer
It was surprising till the end.
Alvin ho allergic to the Great Wall, the forbidden palace, and other tourist attractions.
26 Story Treehouse
I thought this book was better than the first because it gives you how it all started for both the main characters. It made me laugh out loud!
the 26 story treehouse